Roofing Services in Oak Grove
We all know that the roof makes the home! J&J Northwoods Construction Inc. has been there for all roofing needs in the Oak Grove, MN area for over 15 years. Need a new roof? Are quality materials important to you? Do you value the style of your roof? Look no further! With our qualified team of roofing experts, your new roof will take no time at all.
Whether you require routine repairs and inspections, emergency services, an upgrade to your existing roof, or professional guidance on choosing the most suitable roof for your residential or commercial property, our qualified staff will go above and beyond any expectations you have.
Choosing the Right Roofers
There may be many roofing companies on the market in Oak Grove, but that does not mean they are equally qualified to work on your property. Our roofing contractors have extensive experience, and the references to back it up. When it comes to investing in roofing services, choose our company. Our team will produce work that is above your expectations, settling any damage, and preventing issues in the future.
All our contractors are professionally trained, licensed, and insured. We will prioritize safety on the job site while finishing your roofing services as quickly as possible.
When it comes to something as important as your roof, don’t leave the work of a professional to any company, trust our contractors for all your roof-related needs.
High-Quality Roofing at Competitive Rates
Our roofing company believes in affordable pricing. That is why we commit ourselves to provide our clients with competitive pricing, without sacrificing the quality of our craft.
By offering competitive rates, our team can meet the needs of a diverse range of clients throughout the Oak Grove area.
We are also more than happy to provide you with a detailed quote for the total cost of your roofing service, including labor and materials, before we start working on your property.
Providing transparent pricing is just one of the many ways we strive to make customer care and satisfaction our number one priority.
Help with your Roofing Options
Because we understand that choosing to install a new roof is a big decision, we offer a variety of roofing options that will suit your tastes and won't break your budget.
Each roofing system installed by our experienced roofing professionals primarily serves to protect your property as well as your peace of mind. With many years of reliable roofing experience, our specialists employ a systematic approach and apply proven work methods for quality roof installation, optimal maintenance, and efficient repair.
When you make an appointment our professionals will:
- Professionally diagnose the condition of your existing roof
- Provide qualified recommendations and roofing solutions that fit your budget
- Uphold our long standing customer service satisfaction guarantee
Our primary roofing options include:
- Metal roofing; essentially galvanized steel.
- Shingle roofing; one of the most popular styles in Oak Grove, MN
- Flat roofing; plain and simple, most often installed with gravel.
It is not something we think about often, but the roof on a home or business is the first and only line of defense against certain types of water damage. If the roof was poorly installed or it has not been properly maintained then water can get into the building’s walls and unseen spaces, causing extensive and expensive damage.
However, this is something the team at J&J Northwoods Construction Inc. have on their minds all the time and we value our Oak Grove community members who have trusted us enough to hire our roofing services. This is why we use superior materials and techniques and make sure that our staff triple checks every aspect of the project. We know that our clients have more than one choice when picking a roofing contractor. When you choose we guarantee that we will provide an excellent service and that you will in no way regret hiring us.
If you are looking for a roofing contractor that will not let you down, then contact the dedicated team at J&J Northwoods Construction Inc.
Types of Roofing Services We Provide to Oak Grove
We perform new roof construction, roof inspections, roofing repairs and re-roofing of:
- EPDM roofing: EPDM is an extremely durable, synthetic rubber roofing membrane that is very popular in low-slope buildings in Oak Grove. Its two main components are ethylene and propylene, both of which are derived from oil and natural gas respectively. At J&J Northwoods Construction INC., we perform new roof constructions, inspections and repairs of black and white EPDM roofs. One of the great things about EPDM is that it’s available in a broad variety of widths ranging from 7.5 feet to 50 feet and in two distinct thicknesses, 45 and 60 mils. Our technicians can install EPDM by fully adhering it, by mechanically attaching it or by ballasting it, where the seams of the roofing system are sealed with liquid adhesives or a specially formulated tape.
- Flat roofing: A flat roof is a great choice for as homeowner in Oak Grove who wants a reliable but less expensive roofing option for their home. In general, there are three main types of flat roofs and the cost can vary depending on the location and size of the roof. The three main roof types are built-up roofs, modified bitumen and rubber membrane. Depending on your own individual preferences, we at J&J Northwoods Construction INC., can create a roof that works best for your Oak Grove home.
- Metal roofing: The great thing about metal roofing is its longevity. Unlike other roofing types such as asphalt or flat roofing, a well-installed metal roof can last an entire lifetime—maybe even outliving you! In the past metal roofing was a little less pleasing on than eye than other roofing types, however that is now a thing of the past, and in its current incarnation, metal roofing looks just like asphalt shingle, clay tile or slate. The benefits of metal roofing are that it should last two or three times longer than other more traditional roofing types.
- Shingled roofing: The main reason that homeowners like you in Oak Grove choose roof shingles for their home is because it is one of the most economical options for a homeowner. However, the advantages don’t stop there. As well as being a cost-effective option, shingles also provide a high level of durability for the price, while also offering an esthetically pleasing option for your home. The range of styles and colors that shingles offer your home also mean that it can compliment the overall curb appeal of your home effectively.
- Modified bitumen roofing: Modified bitumen roofing is an increasingly popular roofing option for homes and commercial properties of all shapes and sizes in Oak Grove. In general, it is installed on sloped roofs, is extremely durable and sufficiently weather resistant to deal with whatever mother nature can throw at it. Common options for modified bitumen are SBS and APP. At J&J Northwoods Construction Inc., we reinforce all our bitumen roofs with fiberglass, and they can be installed in a number of ways including cold adhesives, asphalts or the torch method. If you are looking for a roofing type with a proven track record for protecting your Oak Grove home then you really shouldn’t look past modified bitumen.
We also provide roof waterproofing services, to keep our clients safe and dry.
Don’t Do Your Own DIY Roofing
Listen, we’ve all been there at the end of the month when bills and the mortgage payment is due and last week’s decision to splurge on eating out suddenly seems ill-advised. Between the many pressures of everyday life and the financial problems average Americans face day-to-day, it’s no surprise that the bigger-picture home improvement projects fall by the wayside. After all, in today’s economy, who can afford it?
Well, given that logic, it’s easy to understand why you might be tempted to haul a ladder up to the side of your Oak Grove home and attempt to repair or perform maintenance on your roof in order to save a couple of bucks. Grabbing a few beers and a few pals and a bucketload of shingles might seem like a great idea to save money while also adding value to your home.
However, before you go out and buy any caulking or sealant, J&J Northwoods Construction Inc. wants to advise you against doing anything rash. Roofing is hard work done by trained experts every day across this country and in Oak Grove during the warmer months. So while it might seem like an okay way to spend a holiday long weekend that will provide you and your family financial gain for years to come, we have to warn you that a bad roofing job can cost more than the shingles you paid for—it can even cost you your life!
The Hidden Costs of Roofing
Sure, it’s no secret that attempting to perform necessary roof repairs can be cheaper than hiring professionals. At least on paper. In theory, all you’re paying for is the cost of materials, and maybe some pizza for your friends that helped out. But did you know that professional roofers have a lot of equipment and tools at their disposal, including safety equipment, to get the job done correctly?
Investing in each one of these tools in addition to materials and the time spent trucking each from the hardware store to your house will actually cost you about the cost of having a roofer handle your roofing for you. And what will you have to show for it? An amateur job and a shed full of tools you’re unlikely to use again.
The Dangers of DIY Roofing
There’s one major cost we haven’t talked much about yet—the possible costs to your health and livelihood. We bet you didn’t know that the average roofer has about 30% greater chance of dying on the job compared to the average worker in Oak Grove. And J&J Northwoods Construction Inc. is also willing to bet the odds that hiring us for roofing services will be less than the average price of your health insurance deductible should something go wrong.
Extend the Lifespan of Your Roof with Regular Maintenance
While your roof is built to withstand water, hail, snow, and debris, it’s not uncommon for your roof to fall into disrepair from time to time. Because your roof is located at the top of your building, it’s not the most accessible area to monitor, and damage may go unnoticed.
Unfortunately, roof damage left unattended will only escalate, putting the safety of your property at risk, and leading to more costly repairs down the road. The best way to ensure that your roof remains in tip-top shape is by investing in professional roof maintenance.
The team of roofing experts at J&J Northwoods Construction Inc. are more than happy to provide annual or semi-annual roof inspections. When you book a roof inspection, our contractors will arrive at your property during a convenient time. We will get on your roof and survey it’s status, carefully identifying potential problem areas.
Being proactive about your roof’s health will allow you to elongate its lifespan and get the most out of your investment.
Call Us Today!
If you haven’t been talked out of it yet, give us a call. The best reason to let J&J Northwoods Construction Inc. handle the roofing services at your Oak Grove home is our high-quality service combined with low prices. Don’t believe us? Give us a call today to find out more!
Signs That You Need Roof Repairs or a Re-roofing Service
We like to keep our Oak Grove clients well-informed before, during and after a roofing project. So, we have compiled a list of what to look for when inspecting your roof for signs of trouble.
Leaks: This seems so obvious it goes without saying, but give us a second to provide some tips. Unfortunately water will often follow beams on insulation into the walls of a building. This means that leaks are found only after they have done enough damage as to show signs on a wall or ceiling. To properly check for leaks you are going to need to get into the attic and search for signs of water. While you are up there, use your eyes and your nose to check for dampness, mold or mildew.
Crumbling shingles: Sometimes this can be hard to see from the ground level. You will want to get a ladder (or go through the roof access if you happen to have one) and look at the singles and the gutters.
Moss and algae: The concern is that the moss and algae are growing because your roof is retaining water, so you may want to inspect the interior of the roof.
Roof valleys: The valley of a roof is where two slopes meet. Since more water flows over it than the rest of the roof, check this part of your roof to see if there is any damage or signs of decay.
J&J Northwoods Construction Inc. takes pride in being a reliable and cost efficient in residential or commercial roofing services. Satisfied customers, quality work and efficiency are our top priorities. Your roof installation will be completed in a timely manner that will spark new life into your Oak Grove, MN property. You won't be disappointed with us!
Unfortunately, roofing issues left unattended will only worsen with time. If you have noticed the signs mentioned above, or if you have any suspicion of roof damage on your residential or commercial property, don’t wait for the problem to escalate!
Call us now at (763).753.2163! Your new roof is waiting for you!